Re: [LUG] auto starting services

On 27/07/13 19:57, Neil Stone wrote:
> You will not win
> and friends nor influence anyone if you decide to point this out.

You are familiar with my posting history, right? :]

I think what is needed is maybe a certain sub-category of posts that can
be immediately dismissed:

When someone evidently hasn't bothered with even the most perfunctory of
google (or other search engines) queries is a prime candidate.

Many will counter that this is a friendly linux users mailing list where
even the most basic of queries can be submitted without fear of
Gentoo-style "RTFM n00b" flaming, but this doesn't even pass the bar of
"learn to help yourself before you embarrass yourself".

Seriously? Autostarting a daemon on a Debian based OS? Oh noes, how on
earth can such a mind-blastingly complex thing even be theorised?!
Quick, get all the elite kernel programmers out of bed!

This is probably the most retarded single question I have ever seen on a
linux forum/list since someone asked about installing Windows Update via
Wine to keep their various windows components and *.dlls up to date
(yeah, seriously).

One has to wonder how on earth the original user even managed to get as
far as installing anything on the Pi in the first place.

Regards