Re: [LUG] auto starting services

On Saturday 27 Jul 2013 20:16:05 bad apple wrote:
> On 27/07/13 19:57, Neil Stone wrote:
> > You will not win
> > and friends nor influence anyone if you decide to point this out.
>
> You are familiar with my posting history, right? :]
>
> I think what is needed is maybe a certain sub-category of posts that can
> be immediately dismissed:
>
> When someone evidently hasn't bothered with even the most perfunctory of
> google (or other search engines) queries is a prime candidate.
>
> Many will counter that this is a friendly linux users mailing list where
> even the most basic of queries can be submitted without fear of
> Gentoo-style "RTFM n00b" flaming, but this doesn't even pass the bar of
> "learn to help yourself before you embarrass yourself".
>
> Seriously? Autostarting a daemon on a Debian based OS? Oh noes, how on
> earth can such a mind-blastingly complex thing even be theorised?!
> Quick, get all the elite kernel programmers out of bed!
>
> This is probably the most retarded single question I have ever seen on a
> linux forum/list since someone asked about installing Windows Update via
> Wine to keep their various windows components and *.dlls up to date
> (yeah, seriously).
>
> One has to wonder how on earth the original user even managed to get as
> far as installing anything on the Pi in the first place.
>
> Regards
How about adding a "newbie" to the subject line. mandrake / mandriva had two
mailing lists, newbie and expert, and most of the people subscribed to both.
Black country honery member of dcglug!
John Bowden (IRC Led43_???)

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of Parliament
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)