Re: [LUG] auto starting services

> This is beyond basic... this is admin 101. Either use update-rc.d or add
> an autostart entry.
>
> If you actually google this, there are thousands of hits all providing
> brain-dead copy+paste examples, apparently mostly culled from the same
> place as they are largely identical.
>
> *rolls eyes*
>
> Regards

Alas not everyone that uses Linux based operating systems actually has much of a clue these days on how to use google or their system. You will not win and friends nor influence anyone if you decide to point this out.

I have thought for some time that there is some scope for another mailing list, one for novice type topics and one for the more advanced.

Thoughts?