Re: [LUG] Laptops - and the battery

Where does the oil go?

Nowhere.

AIUI, oiling (and you can get an in-line oiler) is only needed for tools
with moving parts such as impact drivers, drills, etc.

That doesn't match my experience of work/study/research in an industrial engineering lab for 5 years... Unless the compressor is properly oil free, the internal lubrication for the cycliners, valves, etc. ends up in the airline...

It's possible technoloy has improved in that time though, but as oil free compressors are separately listed, I have my doubts...

Fair enough, I'm not an expert. But I can say these are designed without facility for them on the compressor side now and mine has been running very happily like this for 12 months, and I know of another that's at least three years old personally - and I have no doubt they'll serve me and others well for light use for many many years.

And at the delivery end, absolutely no need when all you've got is a trigger and a nozzle...

I suspect you may be comparing apples and oranges, as in light/occasional vs industrial/continuous.