Re: [LUG] Laptops - and the battery

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013, Simon Avery wrote:

www.toolbox.co.uk/24-litre-**air-compressor-05297-13674-**150590<http://www.toolbox.co.uk/24-litre-air-compressor-05297-13674-150590>(Just
 shy of
£100, delivered, with a basic airtool set and hoses - everything you
need).

Tell me...

Where does the oil go?

Nowhere.

AIUI, oiling (and you can get an in-line oiler) is only needed for tools
with moving parts such as impact drivers, drills, etc.

That doesn't match my experience of work/study/research in an industrial engineering lab for 5 years... Unless the compressor is properly oil free, the internal lubrication for the cycliners, valves, etc. ends up in the airline...

It's possible technoloy has improved in that time though, but as oil free compressors are separately listed, I have my doubts...

Gordon