Re: [LUG] UEFI Questions

On 25/06/13 19:53, bad apple wrote:
On 25/06/13 19:32, tom wrote:
Presumably if you play with win8 you wont be able to claim a refund?
Tom te tom t etom

See previous posts on this issue: consensus seems to be that it's simply
not worth the effort anyway, unless you value your time at Â2/hour
(that's certainly my opinion).

I think Neil was saying that even if you get a no-OS laptop, it will
still probably come with Win8 on it anyway in 30 day trial mode (maybe
so it can be tested in the warehouse before shipping it?). Here you
didn't pay for it in the first place, so you certainly won't get a
refund either, you'll just blow it away when you're done and install
whatever you fancy.

That is right, see other reply. My plan is to install Linux immediately, when I switch on for the first time. And I will write it to the whole disk, thus removing Win 8 in the process. I do not intend to even look at Win 8. What would be the point? It is a trial version so I would have to buy a licence after that time to keep on using it. No thanks!

Neil