Re: [LUG] OT surveillance

On 26 June 2013 15:03, Martijn Grooten <sweetwatergeek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> energy. If they can break it, it is beyond scary. I am actually sure
> they can't break SSL, at least not in general, but most of the stories
> I've read seem to ignore that fact.

Well as you know email traffic isn't encrypted. There seems to be
backdoors even every major provider, so if they wanted to see all your
email at sweetwatergeek@xxxxxxxxx they could.

As for SSL, people have speculated that the root keys with Verisign
and co. is an obvious flaw amongst others.
http://revk.www.me.uk/2013/06/can-they-see-what-i-am-doing.html?showComment=1372017775406#c3038302101798240152

Don't want to get too bogged down in the technological details, as I
think that's not where the solution lies. Surely telling our
government to stop watching us is far more prude?