Re: [LUG] UEFI Questions

On 25/06/13 19:32, tom wrote:

Presumably if you play with win8 you wont be able to claim a refund?
Tom te tom t etom

Perhaps I did not explain properly. When I order the laptop I state that I do not want any OS installed. But what they do is install a 30 day trial version of Win 8, so that they can test the machine before despatch. Secure boot is disabled. They leave this trial version on the machine, but they do not charge me for any licence.

So I do not have to claim any refund because I have not paid for any MS licence. After the 30 days I suppose that, if I want to continue using it, I would have to buy a licence. As I intent to delete it straight away that is all irrelevant.

Regards

Neil