Re: [LUG] Contributions menu additions [WAS: Free software: great power]

On Jun 21, 2013 9:47 PM, "Roland Tarver" <roland.tarver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 20/06/13 11:31, Philip Hudson wrote:
>>
>> [ ] Organized LUG events
>> [ ] Maintained LUG site
>> [ ] Admined LUG list
>> [ ] Held an installfest
>> [ ] Organized Software Freedom Day event
>> [ ] Bought schwag from a project (t-shirt/mug/mouse mat/soft toy/...)
>>

>> Any more?
>>
>> --
>> Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
>> @UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63
>>

> Following BA's earlier comment: +1 for liking Phil! haha! legend! lol
>
> and erm, I'm no where near good enough to contribute code to a project :-s

You say that, but there's more than one way to contribute to a project.

I once wrote a simple frontend to ClamAV in bash using g/k/x/dialog simply because I wanted to. A couple of years later some guy contacted me through SourceForge asking if he could use the project as a teaching aid for his college students - I think he was teaching them about open source and wanted them to have a very simple project they could contribute to. I gave the reins to him.

Grant