Re: [LUG] Flat-file database

It may sound heavy-handed, but I think you're probably better off using a "real" database.

In reality, building an application with the amount of functionality that you require is pretty trivial. In fact, the app you needs is used as an example in the QT documentation on how to map db fields to widgets in a dialog.
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/sql-sqlwidgetmapper.html

I'd say download a copy of qt and use that example to build the app you need.