Re: [LUG] Flat-file database

On 6 Jun, 2013, at 9:17 pm, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Although you've not actually said what you want it for...

Yes, that was a mistake. But c'mon Gordon, you know you don't need to point out those basic facts to me. I stretch sed to its limits on a regular basis.

So: it's for a non-technical, naive user, who has been maintaining a c500-row library catalogue in a spreadsheet, and screwing it up in mind-boggling ways, over and over. User education has repeatedly failed. I need a no-brainer RAD GUI one-record-at-a-time CRUD app with a single table and export to CSV, or preferably, something that JFW with a single CSV file. We need to keep the data as either CSV or a common spreadsheet format for interchange with other users with absolutely unknown systems, who will usually need read-only access. One form, one report, one table, one file, no indexes. Oh, and no budget.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63