Re: [LUG] Changing the DVD drive

On 23/04/13 19:05, bad apple wrote:

So, did you decide what you're actually going to install on this box
once you've finished hooking up the new DVD? Windows 8?

Cheers

That last was a joke, I hope. You know I haven't touched Windows for years, the last version I ever tried was Windows 98.

Currently I have a DVD of Mint 14 Xfce, so I will probably have a play with that. But, eventually, I plan to have a go at setting the old machine up as a home server. This is partly as a learning process, but if I can see that it would be a good idea I will make it permanent.

So the next learning curve will be about home servers!! Wish me luck.

Thanks to all who replied for their help. Before I close up the tower I will change the CMOS battery, once I can locate it,

Neil