Re: [LUG] Changing the DVD drive

On 23/04/13 18:45, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
The audio ports on the drive are/were used to connect to the sound-card
(or a specific part of the motherboard if you have a built-in sound
card) to enable sound to be played directly from the CD/DVD drive.

Typically, these days, if you're playing audio CDs in CD/DVD drive
you're likely to be doing it by audio extraction in the background (ie
"ripping it" whilst playing it) so it should not be an issue to leave
these connectors un-connected.

Grant.

Thanks for that, and to all for the help received. I have tested it and it all seems to be working. I will test again tomorrow before putting the tower back together. My first foray into working with the hardware.

Great

Neil