Re: [LUG] Yahoo email was Re: bad apple: follow up and fall out

On 29/03/13 17:24, Martijn Grooten wrote:
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Neil Winchurst wrote:
And what about the comment that some of the contents may not be finally
deleted?

I think a combination of:
- things they can't delete (yet) because of data retention laws;
- things they can't delete because it would break their systems, e.g.
email conversations you had with fellow Yahoo members;
- covering themselves, in case they don't wipe a disk and you sue them for that.

Martijn.

Thanks for the info. I don't think any of my few emails on Yahoo will need to be kept then. I shall keep clear of any web mail systems from now on.

Neil