Re: [LUG] Yahoo email was Re: bad apple: follow up and fall out

 On 29/03/2013 12:35, Simon Waters wrote:
A 90 day cooling off period for selection of email account means the bad guys, or
children,  can't cancel your account instantly. So not such a bad idea. Wonder how
long before an email address can be reused.
In the ISP I worked for years ago we retained email addresses for (I think) three months and told customers who cancelled that if they changed their minds they could come back to us within that time. That's going back to 1997-2004, so it's not a new concept - I'm sure we weren't the only ones to do that.

Julian