Re: [LUG] Fwd: Question for the LUG

On 29/03/13 17:12, Julian Hall wrote:
>  Hi All,
>
> I had the below query from a friend.  Sounds odd to me.  Is there any
> reason Linux boot CDs wouldn't work while Windows ones will?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Julian

As far as I am aware ufei boot is only supported in Windows 8,   so not
sure,  unless it is a windows 8 ready Laptop that has windows 7 on it,
which would be rather odd too as I guess the windows 7 would have to be
ufei enabled too.

is it possible to boot from usb flash drive ?

Also i believe they have solved this ufei issue on Linux,  and a lot of
the negativity was hyped up and made to sound far worse  you can disable
the secure boot in ufei or the specifications specify you can do this.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org
http://www.ubuntu.com

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.