Re: [LUG] .bad apple.

On 28/03/13 12:00, Julian Hall wrote:
>  On 28/03/2013 11:31, Martijn Grooten wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Julian Hall wrote:
>>> Agreed.  It's not just individuals who find them attractive either.
>>> I know
>>> one university which uses GMail, and Virginmedia also use them.
>>> However the
>>> From: addresses on each are what you would expect .ntlworld.com /
>>> .virginmedia.com and .glam.ac.uk so there is no way a recipient
>>> would know
>>> the backbone email provider without examining the headers.
>> No, but (at least in almost all cases) there is also no reason for a
>> recipient to care about this.
> I wasn't suggesting they would, simply that they would be none the
> wiser unless they did :)
>
> Julian

Isn't all this down to EDUCATION,  could we as a lug perhaps put
something together,  or help me to come up with say some lesson type
activities covering what is being discussed here in terms of teaching
young people and children (primary age mainly) about safety but putting
it in to some sort of context.

make it fun,  discussion based,   so the important points are covered.

advantages / disadvantages of free web based email services.

this is where it would be useful to have access to wiki so members can
freely edit like the exeter lug site.   Either that or there are tools
for collaborative learning.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org
http://www.ubuntu.com

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.