Re: [LUG] email tag

On 27 February 2013 16:26, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>Really? who filters on subject rather than list-id header?
>
> Me, for one. It works with every piece of software that filters, and
> if it does break it's not the end of the world - but asking everyone
> else to change key hooks to suit you is impolite, which was my point.

My point was that you and mark were both doing it wrong :)

If you filter correctly by list-id (trivial even in outlook express)
then neither of you
have to moan about changing subject lines or not :)

List headers (also from and to headers) worked fine for filtering in
text clients back when Alex and I started the LUG more than a decade
ago, just sayin'

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons