Re: [LUG] NVidia drivers and Linux

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:28:47 +0000
Keith Abraham <ka0147657@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Keith,

>drivers and no more faffing about trying to find a legacy driver which
>works with your aging nvidia card.

In Debian (again) there are legacy versions of the DKMS nVidia
packages.  Once you know which one you need (easily found out),
everything just drops into place and works nicely.  At least, in my
experience(0).

(0)  I admit my experience is probably quite limited.  Only ever had two
computers that run Linux with an nVidia GFX chipset.  Neither has given
me trouble.

--
 Regards  _
Kill joy, bad guy, big talking, small fry