Re: [LUG] NVidia drivers and Linux

 On 13/02/2013 12:36, Neil Winchurst wrote:
These NVidia graphic cards seem to cause a lot of grief in Linux. I don't have one as my computer has built in graphics on an Intel motherboard. I am not interested in gaming so that is fine for me.

But many people on the list seem to have problems at times. I would be interested to know if there are other cards which could be used instead and which work well with Linux. Or are we stuck with NVidia if we want a separate graphics card?

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Neil

I must be honest and say I've not had problems when I've had NVidia graphics in a Linux box. All I've done is go to their website, download the relevant Linux installer, and print off the instructions that are there as well. Follow the instructions and the NVidia drivers - IME anyway - go in smoothly. Last time I did that was some time ago admittedly, and it may be distro specific.

Julian