Re: [LUG] NVidia drivers and Linux

It is a similer process with ATI cards too.. Kernel-headers, build essentials... Stop X service, init 3, run *.sh configure Xorg.conf start X voila!
It is a simple process to install.. But as i found out today it seems to stuff everything else!

Daniel_R

On Feb 13, 2013 12:39 PM, "paul sutton" <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 13/02/13 12:36, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> These NVidia graphic cards seem to cause a lot of grief in Linux. I
> don't have one as my computer has built in graphics on an Intel
> motherboard. I am not interested in gaming so that is fine for me.
>
> But many people on the list seem to have problems at times. I would be
> interested to know if there are other cards which could be used
> instead and which work well with Linux. Or are we stuck with NVidia if
> we want a separate graphics card?
>
> Can anyone enlighten me please?
>
> Neil

As far as I am aware there is:-

Ati or Nvidia, Âas far as accelerated graphics goes, it's not Just
gaming, ÂI am sure that there are advantages in other areas such as
blender or 3d modelling that take advantage of the features (or some) .

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org
http://www.ubuntu.com

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.