Re: [LUG] NVidia drivers and Linux

On 13/02/13 12:36, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> These NVidia graphic cards seem to cause a lot of grief in Linux. I
> don't have one as my computer has built in graphics on an Intel
> motherboard. I am not interested in gaming so that is fine for me.
>
> But many people on the list seem to have problems at times. I would be
> interested to know if there are other cards which could be used
> instead and which work well with Linux. Or are we stuck with NVidia if
> we want a separate graphics card?
>
> Can anyone enlighten me please?
>
> Neil

As far as I am aware there is:-

Ati or Nvidia,  as far as accelerated graphics goes, it's not Just
gaming,  I am sure that there are advantages in other areas such as
blender or 3d modelling that take advantage of the features (or some) .

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org
http://www.ubuntu.com

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.