Re: [LUG] Linux - viruses etc

On 06/02/13 20:55, Rob Beard wrote:

I get quite a bit of this, luckily Thunderbird seems to pick most of it
up.  Saying that I've noticed some of the phishing e-mails are getting
better, touch wood I haven't been caught out but I can see how it's
easier and easier to be caught.

Rob

When I wrote the original post I had no idea just how complicated it could be to deal with all this rubbish around the web. I must be lucky compared to some as most days I get no spam at all. Some of you seem to have a real problem with it.

I just use the junk filter on Thunderbird at the moment. I don't get many mails anyway so it is easy to spot the rogue ones. I suppose I must just keep a careful look out all the time.

We do occasionally get some rubbish phone calls too, but that is another story ...!!

Thanks for all the info,

Neil