Re: [LUG] Linux - viruses etc

Hi Barnaby,

Yes the rubbish seems to be increasing,
especially those dubious
persons offering to increase my
presence on the web, plus the
occasional money-laundering
offer.

Thankfully I do not get many Russian ladies
offering friendship
or other iffy services.

Regards etc,

Ray Knowles.

barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subj: [LUG] Linux - viruses etc
>

>Until very recently I almost never saw any scam emails on
my accounts.
>(I am not referring to viruses and other
nasties here.) However, in the
>last two or three months
or so I seem to be getting a lot of rubbish
>sent to me.
>

>They seem to come in different groups. I have had some
from 'ladies'
>with Russian sounding names who want to be
my friend.  I have had some
>which offer to improve my
presence on the web. Others are offers of ways
>to make
money easily and quickly. And I need hardly mention the
ones
>that can improve my love life with various medical
nostrums.[1]

>Is it just me or is this stuff really
increasing recently? I used to get
>such items very
rarely, perhaps two or three times a year. (That is not
typo, they were that rare.) Now I get some most days.

would be interested to hear what others on the list think,

>Neil
>
>[1] Nostrum, a medicine sold with false or
exaggerated claims and with
>no demonstrable value; quack
medicine. (dictionary.com) Just showing off.