Re: [LUG] HDMI to DVI cable and code needed for Raspbery Pi.

>     Thanks for the replies. What's ss- X  ?
>     I have just hooked one of Raspberrys (I bought two by accident) to
>     the TV using the HDMI cable that came with the collection of bits
>     that arrived. And....it doesn't work...nothing at all. JUst a
>     blank screen. What am I doing wrong ?
>     JOn.

1.  Try plugging everything together,  set tv to the correct channel
(hdmi input source) then switch the Pi on.  (well plug it in)

2. ssh -X allows you to remote login via ssh (secure shell)  the -X
allows x forwarding so you can run X applications and view these on the
computer you are connecting from.  (I am sure someone can explain this
better)

man ssh for info

3. remember to sudo shutdown -h now from the pi either remote or at the
keyboard as this will shutdown safely from the command line.

Paul