Re: [LUG] Learning "web" programming

> The Small Business Server version of Windows *really* is a pile of crap,
> absolutely no disagreements from me there. You should have called MS and
> bullied them a lot more - I've done this at charities before and if
> you're manipulative enough, they'll sometimes almost pay you to take
> their licenses. But as you said, you're a Debian guy so the re-training
> wouldn't have made any sense.

I know a couple of windows admins and I was quite dismissive of them,
thinking it was all "clicky button, network fixed". Turns out it's a
lot more complex. They actually recommended SBS as a good starter, and
I understand from them it's not particularly bad and gives good VFM
(I'm very aware of the MS licences as I hinted - SBS cost about £20).

I've decided that my problem is simply that my brain doesn't work the
right way to admin windows servers. Despite giving quite a lot of time
to attempting to learn on the hoof, I've decided it's not something I
want to spend time on any more if I can avoid it.

I'm curious to hear from other admins who have tried both linux and
windows adminning; which was easier to learn and which is less work
overall?