Re: [LUG] Windows 8 adoption

I've not played with W8 yet and have far better reasons to deprecate
Microsoft than the particular iteration of their desktop, but the best
5 pixels on the screen have been known for some time, and discussed
for instance on the Alertbox column (which has now moved to the main
nngroup.com website)

The 4 corners, and the one under the muse pointer are the pixels most
accessible to the user and demanding least precision and thus
acquisition time.

I remember when software came with quite large instruction books, and
a few people actually read them.

>From a distance I don't like the look of W8, expect the change it'll
drag along in posters and magazines to disimprove the visual
environment in the real world, and think W8 is designed for Microsoft
rather than for anyone else, but actually using the corners is
logical.  Is it done well?

Meanwhile ...

I'm looking forward to the new Stable.

--