Re: [LUG] website - more updates

> Absolutely love your DIY water-cooling solution, that's proper
> fix-it-yourself geekery right there. I wouldn't worry about the mess,
> real nerds don't have time to make things look pretty, they just have to
> work right!

Thank you. :)

> Udev is one of the many modern Linux subsystems that I'm not
> particularly enamoured of, but it's pretty easy to set rules to override

Yes. I had to learn that particular trick a couple of years ago when I
had four usb dvb-t sticks in my mythtv box (and two pci-tuners, but
they behaved). Now I just have 1 dual dvb-S card, since digital switch
off made freeview unusable at my home. (And it was perfect before. It
seems I'm in one of those weird valley situations where the increased
signal has just increased echos)

The only reason I mentioned it with the weather thing was because
during testing I unplugged and plugged it back in several times. As
it's the only device in the machine, it stays in the loft and if there
is a long powercut, it'll re-assign as the first usb device on there,
so doesn't need any scripting.

And yes, things were a lot simpler before udevd. I was quite angry
when I first met it and realised the hoops I had to jump through to
get stuff working.