Re: [LUG] website - more updates

On 03/01/13 18:34, Simon Avery wrote:
>> Any help or articles for the site welcome btw,
> Right you are.
>
> I've added a couple of things.
>
> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/howto/watercooling
>
> Whilst not strictly linux, it is incredibly geeky. And Heath Robinson.
> I ran these for about a year and a half with almost no interfering,
> and an upgrade resulted in a lack of GPU block and I reverted to
> aircooling.
>
> Back on track with linux, http://www.dcglug.org.uk/howto/weather  -
> very short and brief. I could expand with more details and copies of
> my templates should there be interest.
>
> Another thing I could contribute would be CCTV with ip cameras and
> zoneminder. I have quite a bit of experience with these.

Absolutely love your DIY water-cooling solution, that's proper
fix-it-yourself geekery right there. I wouldn't worry about the mess,
real nerds don't have time to make things look pretty, they just have to
work right!

Udev is one of the many modern Linux subsystems that I'm not
particularly enamoured of, but it's pretty easy to set rules to override
the kernel randomly renaming things on reboots. You obviously don't need
any hand-holding so I'll just point you at this resource:
http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php?topic=39257.0

Added bonus: it's even on a weather watching forum so hopefully will be
directly applicable to your weather monitoring gadget.

Cheers