Re: [LUG] Windows 8 adoption

On 2 January 2013 19:35, paul sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We need to be supportive and ask questions, sure there are better ways
> to do things,  but if they don't see us as being supportive or just
> arguing then they will go elsewhere and take a negative opinion of the
> whole Linux community with them.

Open source is about choice. There shouldn't be a prescribed way of
doing anything really. I'm not going to necessarily support a Unity
user, an Android user or someone who wants a Gnome UI for everything.
I'm going to promote the Unix way paradoxically fused with the Web. :)

I'm fine with critical (often interpreted as "negative") behaviour on
a list. Good preparation for the Internet at large really. If that
somehow stops "the average punter" from realising the "Linux desktop",
I really don't see the problem. It's probably going to save time for
everyone.