Re: [LUG] WordPress security (was: website)

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Raymond Knowles wrote:
> Must take issue with
> Gordon on editing raw HTML files.
> What problem?

I've found it doesn't scale to a number of users greater than one. Or
a number of related pages greater than five.

(Not too long ago I built a temporary website for some organisation.
Fewer than ten HTML pages and not to be edited by anyone but me, so I
wrote the code by hand, uploaded them onto my server through scp. But
then I had to make a few changes to the menu and found myself having
to run various sed commands to change it on all pages. Then I
regretted not using PHP includes. Had the site been just a tiny bit
bigger, I should have used some kind of CMS.)

Unless you mean 'raw HTML' as opposed to HTML with CSS and other bells
and whistles. It's true that such pure HTML has little problems
rendering on any screen. It isn't usually that pretty though. And if
you use CSS properly, it's not too hard to make it look right on any
kind of screen.

Martijn.