Re: [LUG] WordPress security (was: website)

On 30/12/12 21:45, raymond.knowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Herewith my two pennyworth.
>
> Must take issue with
> Gordon on editing raw HTML files.
> What problem?
> I've been
> doing that for years, selling websites to people,
> and they
> come back for more. It also has the advantage of
> working
> over a much wider range of screen widths, as the
> text re-
> formats itself to suit the screen width automatically.
>
> I've seen so many 'new' sites which only work well in the
>
> 800-1000 pixel range, and are tripe outside this range.
>
> Some of them don't even re-format the text at all.
>
> Let's
> face it, we just don't know what screen size
> Mr & Mrs
> Public are using when the they view our creations.
> So let's
> be as helpful as we can.
>
> Regards etc,
> Raymond Knowles.

Nothing wrong with editing raw html,  but don't forget you need to
upload pictures to the remote site,  resize them then link to them
within your website so everything works

with cms you can or should be able to type text,  and add pictures /
links as needed without having to worry about html,   if you are an
expert at something other than html you can write an article on the
topics you have expertise in without having to worry about how it looks
under the hood,  concentrate on the content.

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org