Re: [LUG] The mp3 player thing ...

On Sun, 2012-12-30 at 16:17 +0000, Daniel Robinson wrote:
> I presume you can not run the sandisk audio software in wine!? Just a
> thought.

I have a shop customer who subscribed to Audible and paid for six
talking book downloads. She wanted to listen to these using a portable
player but found Iplayer and Windows Media Player wouldn't let her make
it in to a "portable" file (mp3).
As a last resort she asked me to
1 -cancel her subscription (she found this confusing)
2 - try and get the files on to a portable player

I could only install Audacity on the Win 7 PC play the file in Iplayer
and show here where the "Record" was in Audacity ( after first setting
the input source to "Stereo Line in")

Once exported to MP3 (you need the Lame Codecs) it can be put on a
player!

I haven't looked at why the files weren't "portable" I suppose some
where you can get the correct type but not obviously from Audible.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
Skype minions_shop