Re: [LUG] Debian mirrors, was Strange Problem 2

Everyone who's adminned debian has got caught in dependancy hell
sooner or later. They've also complained that software is old, it's
unfriendly and configuring a desktop (used to be) hugely difficult.

Also; Once set up and running in a server role, debian continues day
after day after day. Some packages have quirks (backuppc and
pre-configured local backup permissions, root enabled by default in
sshd's config, zoneminder and shared memory - I'm sure there are
more). It's not for everyone and if you are irritated by Debian, well,
there's plenty of choice. Debian doesn't care, it's not going anywhere
- it's part of linux's history and backbone and will be around
forever.

But here's the thing: Every sysadmin I know who has used debian in
production, still uses debian.