Re: [LUG] Strange Problem 2

On 19/12/12 17:49, Simon Avery wrote:
>> BTW, the main reason I don't use Debian is that I can never find
>> reliable repositories for their software.
>>
>> No, you're not missing the point.  They just don't work half the time.  In
>> my experience, they are in-accessible.
> Strange, never had an issue like that in around a decade of running
> debian servers. Later versions sometimes throw errors due to hooking
> onto ipv6 where none exists for security updates, and the earth.li
> mirror has sometimes had dns errors - but the default uk debian mirror
> ftp.debian.org.uk "just works" for me. Shame you've not seen the same.

Yeah, seriously, there *is* no problem with the Debian mirrors. One or
two of them might glitch now and then and some update slower than
others, but that's kind of implicit in the term mirrors in the first
place. As there are pages listing the countless alternatives at
http://www.debian.org/mirror/list, automatic tools to find close/fast
ones and round-robin options... if the mirrors don't work, let's just
say it's not Debian's fault, it's yours.

Regards