Re: [LUG] HP Printer and 2-sided printing

On 11/12/12 09:33, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Yes thanks, that makes sense. Meanwhile, don't know how it happened,
> but this morning I printed a one page doc and the printer fed the
> sheet back in and tried to print page 2. There was no page 2 so the
> paper just fed through quickly and I finished with just the one page
> as expected.

Well, what I have learnt here is that according to you and at least a
couple of other posts, some cheap inkjets apparently *can* do duplex
printing these days... shows how much I know about printers, apparently.
In my defence, I barely ever print anything these days and my job(s) as
a roving admin haven't involved anything to do with printers for years
and years.

So, you're on your own here chief! It sounds like you've answered your
own question though - judging from your experience earlier when your
printer did automatically re-feed the paper, it definitely seems like it
can indeed handle duplex, now you just need to figure out how to tell
linux to make it do it properly.

Cheers