Re: [LUG] OT: Spelling religious war flamebait

Hehehe,  what a lot of discussion. I suspect the original premise is debatable as
-ize endings are still widely used in the UK where they originated. The trend to
-ise is largely driven by the commonwealth and down market publications like the EU.
I will proudly stand along side the Times Literary Supplement and other august and
scientific journals that try to hang on to -ize. I don't get why we seem to be
rushing to diverge from our transatlantic friends in this regard.

I did propose once that Debian package descriptions should exclusively use US
English, after I spellchecked a large proportion of them, since they were
inconsistent, but I suspect we'll just end up with fuzzy matching in the tools. e.g.
 search for 'colour' should match both spellings.