Re: [LUG] merlin - school IT services

On 03/12/12 18:16, paul sutton wrote:

Not sure the thread was to get some general ideas as to what is out
there.   As you said we services are fine in the cities but not so in
the country (perhaps) however given the current weather,  how many of
those BT boxes are submerged in water,   are they damaged in floods and
if so that must have an effect even if its  a big city that gets flooded.

To be honest, I've found a reduction in my service with Virgin (cable) over the past week or two. Might be down to the fact my cable box isn't secured to the wall outside and the connections are out in the elements rather than covered by a plastic cover.

I live on a hill and round here we haven't had floods, although I do wonder how protected these cabinets are?

Rob