Re: [LUG] merlin - school IT services

> Not sure the thread was to get some general ideas as to what is out
> there.   As you said we services are fine in the cities but not so in
> the country (perhaps) however given the current weather,  how many of
> those BT boxes are submerged in water,   are they damaged in floods and
> if so that must have an effect even if its  a big city that gets flooded.

I was thinking about that the other day and came to the conclusion
that "If they've survived this summer, they should be good for most
things..."

Tempting fate, but IME, even rural internet connections are pretty
good now - at least on reliability. Compared to ISDN/HomeHighway, ADSL
is much more tolerant.