Re: [LUG] Android tablet

Hi George,

On 27 November 2012 09:30, George Parker <georgeparker20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any tips from other Android users?

I've had an Advent Vega for almost two years now. Started on Donut (as
I recall) but now on ICS and have used loads of other roms in the
meantime. Getting a bit clunky now but hoping for something more
current from Santa.

I recommend rooting the tablet and installing Titanium Backup
otherwise you cannot really back them up properly. I use Titanium to
sync my backups to Dropbox which works great and has saved me loads of
times when experimenting with things.

As a Gmail and Google Calendar user I think the painless Google
syncing is great but may not be for everyone. I'm not too keen on
Firefox on mobile but Dolphin and even Opera work well.

Kevin