[LUG] No hdmi output after grub on Debian instal

I finally made the swap last night from Ubuntu to Debian on my desktop. Text instal was fine, on first boot it went to grub, I selected Debian then the hdmi output dropped.

Without searching the house/loft I don't have a dvi cable to hand, but I have every reason to believe the PC is running normally, albeit without actually showing me this is the case!

Neil did take me through a few steps in irc last night, but was then dragged away by his dogs. I'll be back in irc tonight if anyone knows what the issue might be, or will follow guidance by email.

Thanks in advance!

Nick