Re: [LUG] Trouble

On 20/11/12 00:10, Tom Brough wrote:
On 19/11/12 18:36, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Suddenly having problems. I have lost the buttons to maximise, minimise and close pages.

I cannot use the menus suddenly. The menus drop down but when I move the mouse down the menu disappears.

Any ideas?

This is using my fairly new install of Mint Maya Xfce

Thanks

Neil

I upgraded Ubuntu recently and encountered similar behaviour.

Try renaming .cache directory in your home.
If that doesn't work then you can always rename it back to .cache no harm done.

If it does work you will probably find you have your old renamed .cache directory and a new .cache directory, in which case its safe to remove the renamed one.

Hope that helps

Tom.

this might be related to your log off problem (see above about display of confirmation dialog). If the desktop display is somehow "iffy" (technical term) all kind of minor strangeness can happen. And yes renaming whatever the desktop .config file is in xfce should help as a new one should be generated.