Re: [LUG] Trouble

On 19/11/12 23:10, Tom Brough wrote:
> On 19/11/12 18:36, Neil Winchurst wrote:
>> Suddenly having problems. I  have lost the buttons to maximise,
>> minimise and close pages.
>>
>> I cannot use the menus suddenly. The menus drop down but when I move
>> the mouse down the menu disappears.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> This is using my fairly new install of Mint Maya Xfce
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Neil
>>
> I upgraded Ubuntu recently and encountered similar behaviour.
>
> Try renaming .cache directory in your home.
> If that doesn't work then you can always rename it back to .cache no
> harm done.
>
> If it does work you will probably find you have your  old renamed .cache
> directory and a new .cache directory, in which case its safe to remove
> the renamed one.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Tom.

Thanks for the try. I did as suggested and for a while the menus worked,
but there were still no buttons for minimise etc. Luckily I had set it
up as a dual boot with my old Mint KDE which is what I am using now.

This is working just fine so I don't think it is the machine. I had
hesitated between Mint Maya Xfce and Xubuntu 12.04. Looks like I made a
bad choice. I have now downloaded the latest iso file for Xubuntu 12.04
and I will install that instead. (Yes I know about v12.10 but v 12.04 is
an LTS version and probably safer.)

So now I have to work out how to remove Maya Xfce and replace it with
Xfce while still keeping the old Mint KDE as a dual boot.

Sigh

Neil