Re: [LUG] Buying laptops for GNU/Linux

On 17/11/12 17:21, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On 17/11/12 16:55, tom wrote:

I ended up buying a laptop with w7 on that I couldn’t get a refund for -
it worked out cheaper than buying one without which was bloody annoying
but £60 is a lot of difference and I may rite a windows killer in the
windows on it one day...
Tom te tom te tom

When I consider a laptop for Linux I look at Novatech. Their laptops are listed at a price 'No operating system'. Then there is a drop down list showing the various prices for adding an OS. This way you can get one without Windows and without needing to try to get a refund.

Neil

I went to them first and ended up getting a similar spec for £60 less with a crappy OS!
Tom te tom te tom