Re: [LUG] New distro - and logging off

--

I will say for systemd that startup and shutdown are lighting fast!
And service management is pretty sensibly implemented with systemctl. Though i still

Also, in defence of Pulse. Though it doesn't yet play with jack audio as well as
ALSA, it is getting there, and it actually has some really neat features. Being able
to boost the heck out of laptop speakers, on the fly, is really useful. Tying to
watch quieter things, like lectures, on laptops with bad speakers can often be
fairly challenging. And, being able to adjust the output volume for each application
individually, is pretty great too. All from the Pulse Audio control GUI thingy,
pavucontrol. I use Pulse on my general laptop these days, happily. Still using ALSA
on my audio one (an old banger) for use with MIDI and JACK.

Just saying.

Cheers.

Mike.