Re: [LUG] Oh no, not ISP recommendations again!

On 14/09/12 11:56, steve wrote:
On 12/09/12 17:26, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:50:50 +0100
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

I've always had good support from Entanet, far better than we got from
Virgin when we were paying big bucks for un-contended bandwidth.
Virgin, and NTL before them, were compete dick-wads.  Thank god I got
away from them when I was on dial-up.  It was far less stressful changing
over then, what with no MAC required or contract period to worry about.

I have no complaints with Virgin, been with them for almost 9 years (formerly Telewest) and just had by broadband speeds upgraded per following speedtest.net result

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2178954610.png

60 megs plus does very nicely thanks!

I think during the whole time I have been with them, I have maybe had 3 minor outages.

Granted, I live in Plymouth which has the requisite cabled infrastructure in place and am mindful that those in rural areas do not have such access.

Regards,

Its people like you who will not complain about uncompressed data that will lead to lonog long download times in the country!!!
Tom te tom te tom