[LUG] Java on Pi

Hi

OK. I must have done something wrong (no not me!).  I sorted it out by apt-get update followed by an new install of openjdk-6-jre.

I now have java (jre) running, thanks.

Do we want to use this list to chase Pi problems.  I think if people know we ( well you) are here a lot could come seeking help on Linux and Debian in particular.  I have dusted down my Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 Bible for starters!

Now to sort out root, sometimes it appears I am root (as pi) others not.  I am normally a Ubuntu user where the difference is not so obvious.  If I recall a normal Debian install one is asked to create both a user account, and then to provide a pass word for both it and root.

All the best

Peter L-J