Re: [LUG] Possible meeting place/demo room?

On 15/04/12 07:32, Viv Griffin wrote:

> On 14 April 2012 21:44, Philip Hudson <phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Here's one data point for such a talk: This is the first year I've
>     done two complete-wipe/single-boot installs for non-techies that
>     have JFW, zero problems. Mint 10 & 11.
>

> Thanks Philip. I will install Mint on a Virtual Box and have a look at
> it. You mention versions 10 and 11 specifically. I know that Mint 12
> is out now (have just checked). Do you avoid the latest version for
> new users or is it just that you are not using it yourself yet? I will
> have a look at it and let you know what I think.

Is it possible as a lug we can either  create our own or obtain several
official mint cd's  for use at events.   As it is nearly summer,  and
therefore cricket season I will ask if we can meet at the rugby /
cricket club in Paignton on Saturdays, (maybe when the Second XI or
other teams are at home (not first XI as that tends to draw more people)

the cd's from the mint site seem rather expensive.

I will also find out if the wireless internet has set up is going to be
available all  year as in through the cricket season.  (don't get me
started on why it may not be, )

we could perhaps then do an event or meet there once or twice over the
summer.

Perhaps after looking at the website creating versions of 11 would be a
better plan,  reason for this is that a downloadable manual is
available,  for version 11,  so i guess they are working on version 12
manual.

Paul