Re: [LUG] Routers and Modems

On Apr 14, 2012, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> 'this router does not include a modem so you will need to add one'.

This has mystified me for along time. I thought a modem is short for
moulator-demodulator and these were useful when signals were sent
along an ordinary phone line but surely an ADSL signal is digital
isn't it?  Sorry I can't suggest a router though. I've just switched
to the Phone Coop and they sent me a Technicolor TG582n which I
suppose is OK; it just works which is all I can say about it. It's
given me unbroken service for 10 days.

Tony