Re: [LUG] Logitech C310 - no sound

On Sun, 2012-03-04 at 08:56 +0000, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> >> I don't know how to get that list.
> >>
> OK. I have found the relevant page. Under microphone, speakers and
> ringing there is only the one choice, PulseAudio server (local).
>
> If I click on 'Make a test sound' I do hear one. But if I make a test
> call there is no sound.
>
> Here is the output from lsusb
>
> > Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
> > Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
> > Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
> > Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
> > Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:081b Logitech, Inc.
> > Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
>
> if that is useful.
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil

If you open pulse Audio Volume Control
What do you have on the Configuration tab?

This should list your Sound Devices  I have a TV card and a Sound card

For the Sound card you will need to have something like  "Analogue
Surround sound Output + Analogue Stereo Input"

This gives you the ability to use the Card in "Duplex "mode
If you have Digital and not analogue it wont work, and if you don't have
the "+" bit for an input it wont work

The signal has to get through a mixture of Hardware and Software devices
all of which are connected in Series, ie if one link is broken or piped
the wrong way nothing comes out.

I use Audacity to test with the input set to pulse

then go to pulse and try to get a signal as far as the pulse system,
you should see the VU meter as you speak in the mic. Then go to Kmixer
( or whatever you have)  and do the same there with the hard ware and
input selection. ie Mic.

Then in the App select "pulse" and it should work

If you record from "line in" for any thing, remember to go back and set
the system up for "line in" not Mic as you will find that although Linux
is magical it cant switch between the 2 it's self.

Also I Untick the box on Skype which says
"Let skype control your Mixer settings"

I may be running Linux but I'm not Naive.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
Skype minions_shop